- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1-1/4 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh scallion
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, garlic, ginger, cilantro, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil. Gently mix with your hands until combined well. Shape meatballs 1/4 cup in size and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and browned, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- For the dipping sauce: mix the lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Add the scallions and set aside.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish. Stir the sauce, then drizzle the meatballs with a little of the sauce. Serve the meatballs with the remaining sauce on the side.
Makes 12 meatballs
Recipe and picture from Skinnytaste.com